Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TMS!

TOO MUCH STUFF!!

Every Spring I do this.  I look around and scream inside my head, "Where did all of this stuff come from?"  
This same stuff that I defended to my husband all winter long now makes me feel claustrophobic.


Sadly, I did not set up this lovely still life; it is found art, just like this.

I wrestle with myself.  Part of me just wants to load up everything that is not useful and run it over to Goodwill RIGHT NOW.  But the rational part of me knows that we will have a rummage sale again this summer, and our stuff is another person's treasure.  Yada yada yada... 
I do have kiddos that can help, theoretically, with a rummage this summer.  There are so many lessons for them, and me, to learn from a rummage sale.  We sell cookies and lemonade, Dominic is especially good at hawking his wares which he usually gives away in the end because he is such a sweetheart.  That whole process is worth something right?

I can guarantee that these lovelies will not be for sale.  Henry, on the other hand...nah, we will keep him too.   For today, we will just part the Red Sea of stuff in our house.  It's a rainy day and we have a date with the symphony.

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog. I feel your pain. We have corners of our home that look very similar. I'm on a mission right now to organize...but it's a lot of work. I just did my son's room and I'll be posting about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda! It is those darn corners isn't it? Sometimes I just want to give it all away, other times I am perfectly content to ignore it. Oh well, it is what it is! Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete