Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Spaces In Between

Last week was an absolute whirlwind.  Sunday night at Crazy Water, Tuesday at Bartolotta's and the Pfister, Friday at MATC, oh, and working 3 extra days in there as well...

I love the crazy if there is a respite afterwards, just like I love the calm if there is some crazy on the horizon. 

To be able to be in balance is essential for me.  I know everyone says that, but for me, it's true.  I have friends that thrive on crazy, the fuller the calendar, the better.   Not me.

I feel so lucky that our family gets to change it up.  I am thankful that I love my children's company so much that when I am not with them, I really miss them.   I also believe in, "How can I miss you if you don't go away?"

It's in those spaces between the spaces, that time left to one's thoughts, that we get to discover who we are.  I want to give my kiddos that space.  I want to have that space.

I don't want my children to ever know the phrase "I'm bored.", because if you are living and breathing, there is always something to discover.


No comments:

Post a Comment