Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Lousy Chef...


The Lousy Chef...

So the journey to the kitchen begins!  Last night Nancy Stohs, editor from the Journal-Sentinel, and a photographer came to our house.  After some nerves on my part, especially at hearing that they wanted me to cook something,  it really was a lot of fun!  To catch some of you up, I entered a contest called "Lousy Chef" in the Journal-Sentinel.  Looking back, I think it was the title "Do you burn water?" that caught my eye.  I wrote an essay about how I wooed Tony by buying the makings for a wonderful, gourmet dinner, only to turn to him, smile, and he made it.
I share the title of "Lousy Chef" with a gentleman named George, whom I have yet to meet.  I am thrilled not to be singled out, and to share this honor with another. 
George and I get to have cooking lessons at MATC in April.  We also get to learn from chefs from Milwaukee area restaurants such as Bartolotta's and Crazy Water.  I get pastry lessons from the pastry chef at the Pfister too!!!
The first article will be in the paper on Wednesday, April 7th in the Food section.  I hope they are kind with me!
Salut!

1 comment: